Hi my friends and welcome back to Lilly’s world ! Yesterday we baked “healthy” muffins with almonds and carrots. They are sooo delicious that I had to share the receipt with you. So today I am going to show you how to make carrot muffins 🥕🧁.
The ingredients are:
- 200g carrots 🥕 (2 medium sized ones)
- 2 eggs 🥚
- 150g sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt 🧂
- 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 125ml of oil
- 75ml of milk 🥛
- 175g flour
- 125g ground almonds
- 1/2 packages baking powder
- Paper baking cups
……………….. Preparation ………………………………..
1. Fill the muffin pan with the paper baking cups.
2. Peel and grate the carrots 🥕.
3. Put eggs, sugar, salt and cinnamon into a separate bowl and beat it with an electric mixer until it looks foamy ( two to three minutes). When it is foamy, add the oil and the milk.
4. Mix the flour, the ground almonds (TIPP: we freshly grind them with a coffee grinder) and the baking powder in while stirring constantly.
5. Finally add the carrots and mix it through thoroughly.
6. Now fill even amounts of batter into the paper baking cups – not too full, as they will grow whilst baking…
7. Bake the muffins in the oven at a heat of 175 degrees celsius for 20 minutes.
When finished you can decorate the muffins with icing, white couverture or simply with powdered sugar (which I like most).
Look at the pictures below to see the steps more clearly:
Thanks for reading and enjoy your muffins!